- Serves: 6
- Vanilla ice cream
- Pink pepper corn
- 2 limes
- Smoked run & raisin puree - This will last for 6 weeks in the fridge and can be used on savoury and sweet dishes
- 150g raisins
- 150g rum
- 150g water
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 vanilla pod
- 150g brown sugar
This sound like a lot of work, but it isn’t
Smoked run & raisin puree
- Place into an old pan or heat proof dish.
- 150g Applewood smoking chips
- Heat up your barbecue and place the pan into the barbecue and place the smoking chips onto the barbecue and close the lid.
- Cook on a medium heat until most of the liquid has gone, if you need the barbecue for other jobs this can be finished in your oven.
- Once this is done blitz until smooth and put to one side until needed
- Peel the pineapple and rub the brown sugar and vanilla into the pineapple, place into a dish and leave for at least 2 hours
- Heat up the barbecue and remove the pineapple from the dish and cook, brushing every now and then with the juice left in the dish from the marinade of the pineapple.
- Keep on turning the pineapple so not to burn it. The pineapple should take about 30 minutes to cook.
- Once the pineapple is cooked slice and serve with grated lime zest, chopped pink peppercorns and ice cream.