- Serves: 4
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 300g quality lean minced beef
- 125ml red wine
- 300g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large courgettes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh oregano leaves Parmesan to finish
- Make the ragu; sweat the garlic, onions, celery and carrot in a little oil and a large pinch of salt.
- Increase the heat, add the beef and bay leaf and cook until browned.
- Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 90 minutes.
- Using a spiralizer, shred the courgettes.
- When the ragu is ready, place the courgette spaghetti in a bowl and mix through the hot ragu.
- Portion into bowls and top with fresh parmesan and some fresh oregano leaves.
NUTRITION: 246kcal, 9.9g fat, 4.1g saturates, 7.7g carbs, 7g sugars, 4.2g fibre, 23.2g protein, 0.34g salt