- 1 egg beaten
- 330g of whole milk
- 60g beef dripping melted (you can use butter)
- 180g polenta
- 90g plain flour
- 10g baking powder
- 10g salt
- Heat your over to 220c
- Place the pan into the oven for 10 minutes
- While the pan is heating, mix all the ingredients together, apart from 30g of the beef dripping/butter.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the remaining dripping (being careful it may spit)
- Add the batter and return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack.
- This is best eaten within 1 one hour.
I sometime bush the corn bread with honey when I first turn it onto the cooling rack. I have not told Beth I do this, because she asks for the recipe back!