- Serves: 10
- Difficulty: Very easy
- 200g Christmas Pudding left overs
- 50g cold black tea
- 300g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 50g Demerara sugar
Want to make the most of any leftover Christmas Pudding? These Christmas Eccles Cakes are easy to make and ensure nothing is wast-ed
- Warm the left over pudding in a microwave for a couple minutes to soften it up and stir in the cold tea.
- Roll out the puff pastry to the thickness of a £1 and cut using a ring cutter or anything round (I used the lid of a peanut butter jar)
- Spoon a good tablespoon worth onto half of the discs and top with another disc. Press down the edges to seal well and tuck them under so they won’t puff in the oven.
- Give the top a slash with a knife so some steam can escape and place onto an oven proof tray.
- Beat the egg and brush over the top and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake at 185 for 15 minutes or until evenly golden.
- Allow to cool before tucking in.