- Serves: 6
- 100 g of roasting juice & fat from your turkey
- 150g of bread with all crusts removed (white or wholemeal)
- ½ white onion finely diced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 250g full fat milk
- 100g of double cream
- 5g - 15g Marmite (depending on your love of Marmite)
Add the onions and 50g of the turkey juices to pan, then add the bay leaves and nutmeg.
Cook on a medium heat until the pan is almost dry, then add the milk and boil. Once boiled remove from the heat and leave for 20 mins to infuse.
Tear the bread into pieces and mix with the remaining 50g of the turkey juices. Roast for 5 minutes at 160c, until dried slightly.
Pulse the bread in a food processor. You don’t want a fine crumb and it doesn’t matter if it is uneven in size.
Strain the milk mix to remove the bay leaves and onion, then with a spoon stir into the bread.
Add the cream and Marmite and stir to combine, add more Marmite if you are a fan.