- 500g Moxon's Smoked Cod's Roe, peeled
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- ½ Chilli
- 1 Tsp Piedmont D'Espelette
- 200g Sourdough Bread
- 200ml Milk
- 400ml Vegetable Oil
1. Peel the 500g of Moxon’s smoked cods roe and add to a blender with the zest and juice of one lemon. Add half a chilli with no root and no seed. Add 1 teaspoon of Piedmont D’Espelette and blend.
2. Boil the milk and add the trimmings of sourdough. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. Once cooled, add this to the smoked cod’s roe and continue to blend.
4. Slowly, as you’re making the mayonnaise, add the 400ml vegetable oil until it amalgamates. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, pass through a chinois and reserve for serving.