- 500ml water
- roughly 250g quinoa
- 1 crisp apple Apple juice
- Optional - whole spices (clove/all spice/cinnamon/nutmeg/anise)
- Soak the quinoa for at least an hour in cold water to eradicate the bitter compounds it contains; this will make a big difference to your finished muesli.
- Drain the quinoa and put into a pot.
- Cover the quinoa with fresh water. A good tip here is to cover the quinoa until the water reaches the end of your thumbnail when your thumb tip touches the top of the quinoa.
- Place any spices you want into the water.
- Bring the quinoa up to the boil.
- As soon as it reaches a full boil, reduce the heat to its minimum, cover with a lid and leave to slowly absorb for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the quinoa to cool in the saucepan with the lid on for another 20 minutes.
- Remove any whole spices.
- Grate the apple.
- Add the grated apple and however much apple juice you like to the quinoa.
- This is the base for your bircher muesli, from here the recipe is yours.
- Add yogurts, jams, fruit, nuts and seeds to enhance your bircher and keep the flavours changing
Healthy mind and body recipes from @BIFM_WIFM and @GHCookery