- 32g ghee/clarified butter
- 128g flour
- 2 tbsp rava / semolina
- 64g sugar
- 60ml water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp cashew
Besan barfi is a traditional Indian sweet treat recipe or a sweet fudge recipe mainly prepared with chickpea flour and sugar syrup and enjoyed especially during winter and or during festival like diwali or navaratri.
- In a large kauai or wok head the ghee, chickpea flour and semolina on a low heat.
- Stir continuously until you have a smooth mixture and this has turned into a paste
- After 20-25 minutes, the mixture will turn golden brown. Set aside to cool
- In a different pan heat the sugar and water, once the sugar is dissolved boil for 8 minutes.
- Combine the sugar syrup with the paste mixture, stir well, making sure the sugar syrup is mixed in uniformly and it begins to thicken.
- Add the cardamom powder and stir well
- Transfer the prepared dough onto a greased plate lined with baking paper.
- Allow to set to form a block
- Top with chopped cashews and press lightly
- Allow to set for 30 minutes
- Cut into square pieces