- 300g caster sugar
- 4 eggs + 1 egg for glazing
- 500g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest of one orange
- Pinch of salt
- 150g cooked roughly chopped pistachios
- 130g fresh cranberries
The beauty of this recipe for biscotti is that you can use whatever you have in your cupboard. No cranberries, no problem just use whatever dried fruit you have. The same goes for the pistachios, you can use whatever nuts you have in the cupboard. This is a lovely and easy recipe to make so take some time out and #LetsBake
- Preheat oven to 200c and line one large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Sieve together, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Put all dry ingredients into the egg mix along with the pistachios and cranberries and mix carefully together until incorporated.
- Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for approximately one hour; it will be a bit soft and sticky at this stage.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface and divide into two even logs 28cm long x 5cm wide
- Place onto the baking tray leaving a generous gap in between. Brush with the other egg.
- Bake in the oven for 20- 25 minutes, check by inserting a skewer and if it comes out clean then it’s cooked.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and reduce oven to 170oc.
- When cool cut logs into 1 cm thick slices and place onto a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins till golden brown turning halfway through.
- Leave to cool before serving and dust with icing sugar.