- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 400g black beans, tin
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 wholegrain tortilla
- 100g grated cheddar
- 1 handful baby spinach
- Hot chilli sauce, tobacco or sriracha, to taste
- 50g natural yoghurt
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Olive oil spray for toasting (note, if your pan is good enough you don’t need this at all!)
These Breakfast Quesadillas are easy to make and even easier to eat. Tortilla wraps have a GI of 52, compared to white breads of 75. Think of this as a low sugar toasted. sandwich.
Easy to make and even easier to eat. Tortilla wraps have a GI of 52, compared to white breads of 75. Think of this as a low sugar toasted. sandwich.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms stirring for 3 to 4 mins until golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and tomato and heat through.
- Begin to heat another pan, spread a quarter of the mushroom mixture over half of a tortilla, top with a quarter of the cheese, a quarter of the spinach and chilli sauce to taste.
- Fold the tortilla over to enclose the filling and repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Spray the quesadillas with the oil on both sides, cook in batches in the pan for 2 mins each side.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and the garnish of coriander