- 500g red chilli peppers, stems removed
- 10g salt
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and crushed
- 200ml distilled white vinegar
The best chilli sauces are nearly always fermented to add that extra dimension of flavour. This is our favourite.
- Place the red chillies, salt and garlic into a blender.
- Pulse the blender to roughly chop the chillies and ensure that the garlic and salt are mixed in well.
- Place the mixture into a sterilised Kilner jar. Place clingfilm on top to ensure that the liquid released from the chillies are at the surface.
- Leave to ferment in a cool dark area for 2-3 weeks
- Every day release the gas build up from the Kilner jar.
- After 3 weeks, blend the chillies with vinegar to taste, until smooth.
- Keep in the fridge until needed.