- 1kg strong flour
- 20g salt
- 200g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 15g fresh yeast or 7g dried yeast
- 600ml milk
- Mini eggs or your favourite Easter treat
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 90g milk chocolate
- 30g butter
- 3 tsp golden syrup
- 3 tsp milk
There is nothing quite as irresistible as a freshly cooked chocolate mini egg doughnut.
- Place the salt, flour and sugar in to a mixing machine with a dough hook
- Warm the milk with the butter and yeast until it is body temperature
- Put the mixer on a low speed and start to add the milk mix to the flour
- When it’s well mixed, leave the mixer on a medium speed for around 10 mins until the mix is smooth, then transfer to a clean bowl and cover.
- Leave in the fridge overnight
- The next morning roll the dough on a floured service then use a large cutter and small one to cut out a ring shape and put onto a tray with parchment on.
- Leave to prove in a warm place covered lightly.
- When ready fry them at 170C in clean oil.
To make the glaze
- Place all the ingredients in to a bowl over a pan of boiling water, warm through until all the ingredients have melted together.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled a little dip the doughnut in to the glaze mix so half of it is covered then turnover and decorate with the mini legs and leave the chocolate to set a little.