- Serves: 4
- FOR THE 'RANCH' DRESSING
- 60ml chickpea water, from drained tinned chickpeas
- 15ml lemon juice
- 10g French’s mustard
- 1g cayenne pepper
- 2g garlic powder
- 250ml olive oil
- Sea salt
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1 head cos lettuce
- 6 radishes
- 1 leafy carrot
- 30g flaked almonds
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 20g crispy onions
Bursting with colour and taste, this salad from our Vitality range is easy to make and delicious.
- First make the dressing; place everything except the oil into a blender and blend together, with the motor running slowly pour in the oil. You may have to thin this with some water if it’s too thick, you are after a natural yoghurt consistency. Check the seasoning and set aside in the fridge.
- Put the almonds and sunflower seeds onto a roasting tray and cook at 170°C for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cut the lettuce into good sized pieces about 5cm and place in a bowl. Thinly slice the radish and add to the bowl.
- Pick any carrot leaves off the top of the carrots, wash and set aside.
- Peel the carrots then continue to use the peeler to get nice even carrot strips and add to the salad bowl.
- Spoon in a couple spoonfuls of the dressing and stir to coat all the ingredients together. Test the seasoning, adding more salt or lemon juice if needed, plate and top with the seeds, nuts, onions and carrot tops.