- Serves: 4
- 1 hispi cabbage cut in quarters
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ bunch of fresh basil
- ½ bunch of fresh mint
- 50g capers chopped
- 150ml olive oil
- 100g butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 30g parmesan finely grated
- 5 anchovies thinly sliced length ways (optional)
- 20g whole grain mustard
Put a spring into your cabbage dish this Easter with this great recipe for Hispi Cabbage
- Place a large frying pan on to the stove on a high heat with a little oil inside
- Once warm gently place the cabbage in one at a time cut side down. Add the bay leaf, thyme, rosemary and 3 of the garlic cloves and leave to gain a nice colour (almost chard is good).
- Once the colour is achieved turn the cabbage over to the other cut side and put in the butter and a good splash of water to deglaze the pan then cover with a piece of parchment paper.
- Whilst the cabbage finishes cooking place all the chopped herbs in a bowl and add the remaining 2 gloves of garlic which are finely chopped, then add the mustard and olive oil, mix together well and season.
- Now you are ready to plate up, remove the cabbage from the pan and place on some kitchen roll to remove some of the excess liquid.
- Place the cabbage on to a plate then dress generously with the green salsa, scatter the anchovies on top of the cabbage then freshly grate the parmesan all over.