- Serves: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
- 6 - Hot Cross Buns
- 50g - Butter
- 3 - Eggs
- 60g - Caster Sugar
- 1 - Vanilla pod cut in half lengthways, seeds out or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 250ml - Milk
- 150ml - Double Cream
Looking for the ultimate Easter dessert? Look no further, this gorgeous hot cross bun bread and butter pudding is so easy to make and is a winner with all the family.
- Slice the hot cross buns in half and butter both sides of the top and bottom half, place all the buttered bottoms in an oven dish
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, sugar, milk and cream and pour half of the mixture over the bottoms of the buns
- Now place tops into the dish, pour on the remaining liquid mix
- If needed put a bit more butter onto the tops of the buns to prevent burning-
- Leave to soak for about ½ an hour
- Bake at 170 C for around 30-40 minutes
- You can also make in individual dishes, putting one bun in each and dividing up the liquid, for this the cook time will reduce to about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with cream or custard.