- 200g/7oz canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
Easy and quick to make this lovely hummus makes a great snack and the perfect addition to any picnic this summer.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse.
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, salt, tahini, rapeseed oil and water in a food processor, and blend to a creamy or coarse purée.
- Turn out into a dinner plate or bowl, and make smooth with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with more extra virgin rapeseed oil and serve