- Serves: 1
- 250ml - clear carbonated drink eg Sprite
- A few slices of cucumber
- A few slices of lime
- 50ml - Grenadine (see note above)
- 1tsp - Angostura bitters
This delicious Nigerian Chapman cocktail is said to have originated in a prestigious cocktail bar in Lagos Nigeria.
The story goes that it was created by the bartenders’s favourite regular guest, Mr Chapman. This is now one of the most popular drinks in Nigeria.
- Put the cucumber and lime slices into a clean pitcher
- Add the carbonated drinks to the pitcher.
- Pour in the Agostura bitters and grenadine.
- Stir everything together and chill in the fridge for up to 2 hours to get the best out of all the flavours.
- Pour in a glass over I’ve and enjoy!
Note: Grenadine is readily available in most supermarkets, however, it is very simple to make your own; Bring 1 cup of pomegranate juice and 1 cup of sugar to a slow boil while stirring. Add some peels from orange and lemon to it and let it simmer covered for about 10-15 mins. Let it cool and then it’s ready to mix.