- 6 unwaxed lemons, sliced lengthways into quarters
- 4 tbsp. rock or sea salt
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorns
- 2 sprigs rosemary
The price of preserved lemons in the shop can be surprising, especially when it can be made at home for a fraction of the price. This is also one of the easiest items to preserve. Customise with any hard herbs or spices, like star anise or rosemary.
- Slice the lemons lengthways into quarters, however don’t cut through completely, leave a small amount connected.
- Sprinkle the salt around the lemon and into the cavity created in step 1.
- Place the aromats into it as well.
- Press down into the sterilised Kilner jar.
- Leave for a minimum of 1 month before using.