- 4 - tablespoons houmous
- 1/4 cup - diced red, yellow or orange peppers
- 1/4 cup - copped dark leafy greens (kale, rocket, spinach)
- 1/4 cup - chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon - chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoon - fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon - olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 - large lettuce leaves
You can add whatever vegetables you have to hand in this easy to make and tasty rainbow houmous
Aim to eat the rainbow– a good variety of colours indicates a range of vitamins, minerals and fibre.
There’s a growing interest by researcher in the relationship between the diversity of people’s diet and their cognition and mental health- a number of studies have also found a positive correlation between increased dietary diversity and benefits for our mood.
- In a small bowl, combine the peppers, greens, water chestnuts, chives, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper – stir to combine
- Spoon the houmous into the Romaine leaves, dividing evenly between the two.
- Top with the vegetable herb mixture and serve immediately