- 3 large red onions, cut into quarters
- 200g brown sugar
- 237ml red wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
Use this lovely recipe for sour red onions to add zing and flavour to any salad.
- Cut the red onions into quarters.
- Heat up a pan on the stove and char the onion without any oil.
- Place the onions on the side in a heat resistant container.
- Bring the vinegar, sugar and herbs up to the boil and pour over the onions.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and keep in the fridge until needed.